This folder was created to house the wire lubrication
information that was provided by Christopher Griner from WHOI. The links
and documents relate to
Stran-Core (the lubricant) and
CoreLube Equipment (the
company that makes to lubricating equipment).
Christopher gave a
short presentation at the 2007 RVTEC meeting and provided a
link to a paper written by Etienne (TN) Grignard some years ago
for UNOLS (Etienne is the president / owner of Grignard, that
Features listed for
Stran-Core Corrosion Inhibitor include:
- Clings to the metal surface as it is painted onto the
cable or open gear surface. Penetrates to the core of wire ropes
or EM Cable to provide protection throughout the cable.
- Outperforms greases by penetrating into the locations that
can not be visually inspected, displacing moisture and forming
a thick barrier film to prevent future moisture penetration.
- Does not contain hazardous ingredients. Its base fluid
which constitutes nearly 70% of the total formula is composed
of water and biodegradable glycols.
- Base fluid meets the requirements of ASTM D-6406 for
biodegradable and acute ecotoxicity.
- Long Lasting Atmospheric and Tidal Corrosion Inhibition.
- Lubricates Wires and Metal Parts.
- Clings to Metal Surface Reducing Run-Off.
- Penetrates Between Wires into Valleys.
- Non-Flammable / No Solvents.
Supplementary Documents Links:
The files and links provided on this site are to stimulate
discussion only. No warranty or implication of suitability for any
given task is given. All calculations and results of calculations
should be professionally reviewed and should not be assumed to be